MBChB (Otago), FRANZCR
Dr Maria Pearse is a Consultant (Specialist) Radiation Oncologist and manages radiotherapy treatment at both Auckland Radiation Oncology and at Auckland City Hospital. Dr Pearse trained at Otago University in Dunedin, Auckland City Hospital and the Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre in Canada.
In addition to her clinical roles at ARO and Auckland City Hospital, Dr Pearse is the Chief Pathology Examiner for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR), of which she is a Fellow. This is the examining and accrediting body for the Radiation Oncology specialty.
Dr Pearse is active in the field of cancer research and has a number of international peer-reviewed publications. She is also the recipient of a number of research grants and awards.
Areas of Interest
Dr Pearse has a general interest in oncology including sub-specialty interests in: skin (including melanoma), breast, urology (including prostate and bladder), gastrointestinal (including rectal, oesophageal and pancreatic), lung, prostate brachytherapy and palliative radiation oncology.
Memberships and Associations
- Fellow of the Faculty of Radiation Oncology, Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR).
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG)
- Medical Advisory Committee for Clinical Trials New Zealand
- Medical Advisory Committee for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation
- Auckland Breast Cancer Study Group
- National Breast Cancer Special Interest Group
- National Gastrointestinal Cancer Special Interest Group
- National Genitourinary Cancer Special Interest Group
- Faculty of Radiation Oncology Genitourinary Group (FROGG)
- Melanoma Unit
- Australian and New Zealand Melanoma Trials Group
- Melanoma Network of New Zealand (MELNET)
- Mercy Specialist Centre
- Auckland Radiation Oncology
- Auckland University
- Auckland District Health Board
Phone: 021 0253 8393