BSc MBChB FRACS
Richard is an experienced surgeon with a strong interest in cancer surgery. He completed a fellowship at the Sydney Melanoma Unit and maintains a close link with them. Richard is a founding member of the Melanoma Foundation of New Zealand and also MELNET.
Richard initiated Melanoma research at Waitemata District Health Board, which gives patients the option of being considered for newer types of treatment. He is also part of the multidisciplinary melanoma team at Waitemata and has extensive experience with melanoma surgery- primary excision, flap closure and skin graft-sentinel node biopsy-lymph node removal (lymphadenectomy) and removal of metastatic disease.
Memberships and Associations
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Surgical Oncology section of RACS
- Australian and New Zealand Melanoma Trials Group
- Melanoma Foundation of New Zealand (founding Board member)
- Melanoma Network of New Zealand (founding member MELNET)
- Waitemata District Healthboard
- Southern Cross Hospitals
- Waitemata Specialists
Phone: 021 934 570